Cellular-level skin hydration, fluid dynamics and dietary interventions.
Have you been incorrectly taught that your clients cannot hydrate their skin via water intake and diet?
Now let's destroy this skin hydration myth with science...
In a study using 34 females drinking 2L of water daily for 30 days superficial and deep skin hydration occurred
The main function of Aquaporin 1 is played in the vascular endothelial cells, where it mediates the exchange of water between the blood and dermis to maintain hydration.
Drinking more than 2L a day can have a significant impact on skin physiology
But it's not all about water
One of the core focuses of this course is on skin-hydrating foods. You'll learn which functional plant foods and phytochemicals are particularly beneficial for skin hydration and how to incorporate them into your clients' diets. And you'll learn about the foods and dietary patterns that can cause or worsen skin dehydration.
If you're not already fascinated with functional skin hydration foods and phytochemicals you soon will be...
Learn the role of osmolytes in skin hydration and which foods they are in
Discover how the phytochemicals in Parsley and Red Grapes regulate water homeostasis in the skin.
Found out what sorbitol, lecithin and glycerol in the diet have to do with skin hydration
Why take this Advanced Skin Hydration Biomechanics class?
💧 You'll master understanding of the factors that influence skin hydration, including fluid dynamics, osmotic pressure, cellular hydration, and the role of osmolytes in food
💧 Understanding skin hydration biomechanics is essential for your work as it allows you to develop personalised integrative treatments for your clients that address their unique skin hydration needs.
Topics covered in this class
Click the down arrow on the side to expand each topic 👇🏽
💧 Skin Science
- Skin barrier function and Trans Epidermal Water Loss
- Skin waterproofing and Sebum
- Epidermal hydration: Ceramides, NMF and Lamellar bodies
- Dermal hydration: Hyaluronic acid and Aquaporins
💧 Fluid Dynamics
💧 Skin Hydration & Water Intake
💧 Dietary Hydration & Phytochemicals
- Osmolytes: Sorbitol, Betaine and Amino acids
- Phytochemicals that moderate skin hydration: Resveratrol, Chrysin, Lecithin, Glycerol
- The dietary hydration index
- Dietary dehydration factors: high salt and high protein
- Fruit and vegetable hydration sources
This certified masterclass is perfect if you're working with clients' skin-health at any level
Estheticians, Dermatologists & MedSpa clinics
Nutritionists, health coaches and naturopaths
Facialists, Face Yoga Practitioners and holistic skin therapists
Formulators of skincare, health food, juices and nutricosmetics
Why study with us?
Epic student support
Growing science library
Certificate & Credits
Frequently asked questions
Do I get instant access?
- Video lesson
- Class notes
- Lesson quiz
- Certificate of Attendance
Is it accredited?
As a graduate YOU will be eligible to join IPHM and IGCT and be listed on their register And you’ll have access to deals on your professional indemnity insurance.
Star Khechara is also an active member of the Plant-Based Health Professionals
How long will it take to finish the class?
Do you offer team discounts?
Send us an email with all the information: [email protected]
Can I license this class for my team of staff?
What happens after I've paid?
Once inside you can move around the portal and access everything you need:
- There's a course area where your courses will be
- There's a community area for discussion groups and friendship
- There's a 'best resources' area for all of your saved notes and access to our science library
- There's a 'start' page which has our orientation video to help you navigate around the website and use all of the facilities.
Is this class suitable for me?
- MediSpa staff
- Skin Therapists
- Skincare formulators
- Beauty therapists and facialists
- Health coaches
- Functional food and nutrition practitioners